Cold Logic is currently recruiting for a Nightshift Supervisor for its warehouse and distribution facility in Surrey and Langley, BC. Reporting to the Langley/Surrey Ops Managers.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Supervise and coordinate the most efficient unloading of inbound shipments, orderly stacking of product, and the picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Responsible for the cross communication between shifts.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
- Participate in establishing work schedules and ensure that they are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area. Ensure all security policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure all associates follow all safety policies and procedures. Thoroughly investigate and report all safety accidents and violations in a timely manner. Conduct operations in accordance with Worksafe BC and MSDS Standards.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; scheduling, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; conducting staff meetings; addressing complaints and resolving problems (with the assistance of their manager as appropriate).
- Direct the operations of the assigned work team to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Follow all policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Ability to schedule own tasks and handle all facets of assigned projects independently and with minimal supervision. (Time Management)
- Ability to perform in-depth problem solving. (Problem solving)
- Apply effective communication and motivational techniques in supervising and counseling subordinates. (Communication)
- Administer consistent corrective action when required
- Familiarity with personal computers and materials handling equipment is essential. (Technical knowledge)
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 – 5 years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of educations and experience. Post-secondary training and/or certification an asset.