Customer Service Clerk
Cold Logic is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Clerk for its warehouse and distribution facility in Surrey and Langley, BC. Reporting to IC Manager.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- 1. Investigates, reviews and identifies store shortages and overages. Pulls and compares load sheets and route sheet information to store orders in system. Responds and communicates the results to the Inventory Control Manager.
- Initiates counts and interface with Inventory Control to validate shortages or availability of items missing.
- Assigns and distributes QA (Quality Assurance) audits to selectors who have been found to have errors on loads shipped to stores.
- Compiles, calculates and enters data from store shortage into the inventory QA database and contacts appropriate store manager with information needed to file shortage report.
- Receives and enters all audit information from case shortages and audits.
- Generates Target Audits for Supervisors with documentation, updates database with completed Target Audits from Supervisors.
- Investigates, researches and enters Lift Truck, Loader and mis-picks/Selector errors from the system into spreadsheet and reports information to the Inventory Control Manager and Warehouse Manager.
- Assist Safeway stores with returned product procedures.
- Contacts all Safeway stores listed on log daily and makes copies of log and distributes information to the Inventory Control Supervisor.
- Creates and maintains MHE database for repaired Safeway equipment.
- Creates, maintains and distributes and prints barcode labels for rack systems as requested.
- Creates, maintains, researches, enters and distributes database vendor rotation information including: code dates and specific items in pick slots.
- Collects, prepares, processes, copies and files all daily Inventory personnel “daily” activity sheets and documentations.
- Performs any and all special requests, tasks, and processes as directed by the Inventory Control Manager.
- Customer Service skills and interfacing with fellow employees in a positive and professional manner.
- Previous clerical or administration experience would be considered an asset.
To be considered the successful candidate must:
- Maintain a superior work record
- Possess the ability to work and thrive within a diverse work group
- Demonstrate a strong customer focus (i.e.. volunteer for OT during peak times, suggesting improvements, supporting operational changes)
- Demonstrate enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Show initiative to learn and develop skills as an Cold Logic employee
The candidate must be willing to:
- Work any shift and any schedule as needed
- Learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities
- Lead by example at all times
- Work as a member of a team – accomplish team goals and objectives