The Battery Technician is responsible for operating the battery changing machine and general maintenance for the warehouse.
Position Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Operate Battery Changing Machine for the Fork Trucks
- Move Material Handling Equipment to different locations
- Perform basic maintenance functions on Fork Trucks including: painting, removing plastic from equipment and general upkeep
- Maintain racks of batteries for all Fork Trucks
- Ability to perform basic maintenance around the warehouse that includes functions inside and outside
- Good written and verbal skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to work with a team and independently
- High level of motivation to learn new skills
Recommended Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Considerable skill in compiling reports.
- Training will be provided for this position
- Ability to work the day or night shift and work any shift and any schedule as needed
- Ability to communicate clearly, both written and orally
Sufficient physical ability to perform all maintenance tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Occasionally lift and carry weight up to 80 lbs.
- Occasionally climb ladders or use lift equipment to a height in excess of 28 ft.
- Manual dexterity in hands and legs to use tools, bend and stretch.